Thursday, March 18, 2010

Song Story

Song title: Concrete Angel

Song artist: Marina Mcbride

Link to song lyrics

Plot:

A school girl who is trapped in an abusive home and nobody seems to care. She wishes that she was never born than have to bear this secret burden she cant escape from.

Character:

School girl

Teacher

Neighbors

Conflict:

The girl packs her own lunch, wears the same clothes to school, hides her bruises and pain, and tries to rise above this world she lives in where nobody cares or notices. Her dreams give her wings to place and take her to a place where she can be loved as a concrete angel while remaining as hard as stone during the abuse.

Theme:

Abuse is damaging to the soul.

Ignoring the abuse, or keeping it a secret, can contribute to someone's fate.

Setting:

Walk way to school and school classroom.

In the middle of the night at home.

A place she goes to in her dreams.

6 comments:

  1. I like this song. It was a good one to choose for this assignment. I like the theme. Good JOb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this song alot. It has a very good and deep srory line. I am going to use it on my blog. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ms. Nash,
    Excellent use of finding a song with the right balance of feeling, lessons to be learned, and storyline.
    Sincerely,
    Genevive

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this song, i was about to pick it for my own. good job on explaining it using some of the lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very well done! Its a great song for this assignment. nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used this song on my blog! I think it is a great story line and is very meaningful. Could almost make one cry. Superb song choice my friend!
    Papa Burgundy

    ReplyDelete